The Progress News and the Plaza Restaurant would like to thank the many readers who responded and participated in the Super Bowl Trivia contest. The winner was Marla McCleary of Knox who answered all the questions correctly and was one of three to get the Tie Breaker question correct. However, one didn't have all the answers correct, and Marla then won by random drawing. She received a Super Bowl Party to go for 10 valued at $99.99.
The Plaza Restaurant Super Bowl Trivia Contest (Answers)
1. How much does the Lombardi Trophy weigh?
The Lombardi Trophy, named after former Packers coach Vince Lombardi, is made each year by Tiffany & Co. and is valued at about $50,000. The sterling silver trophy weighs in at abou 7 pounds, making it easy for the victors to lift over their heads.
2. How much does it cost to have the winning “teams” Super Bowl Rings produced?
Approx. $5 million
3. What was the biggest size Super Bowl ring made and who wore it?
Size 25 by William “The Fridge” Perry who played for Chicago.
4. Who has the most rushing yards in a Super Bowl and how many?
Tim Smith of the Washington Redskins racked up 204 yards in Super Bowl XXII against Denver.
5. What four teams have never made it to the Super Bowl? Sorry Browns Fans!
Four teams have the dubious distinction of never making it to a Super Bowl:
The Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, and Jacksonville Jaguars.
6. It was in Super Bowl VI in which the NFL began using Roman Numerals? True or False.
The use of Roman Numerals began in Super Bowl V.
7. Name the only two teams to have played home games for the Super Bowl?
Tampa Bay and Los Angeles Rams
8. Name the NFL team has the most Super Bowl losses and wins?
New England has appeared in 11 Super Bowls with 5 losses and also has 6 Super Bowl Trophies, giving them the most wins and losses... The Steelers have 6 wins and only 2 losses. The Broncos have lost 5 Super Bowls winning three.
9. Which city has hosted the most Super Bowls and how many?
Miami with 11.
10. Which college has produced the most Super Bowl quarterbacks? (Starting)
Cal leads the way with 5 QBs, including Aaron Rodgers. Alabama, Notre Dame, and Purdue each have produced three. This should of read starting quarterbacks!
11. Name the only player to win the Super Bowl MVP & come from the losing team?
Chuck Howley who played for the Dallas Cowboys
12. How many Super Bowls have the Philadelphia Eagles won? 1
13. Who was the first left handed quarterback to win a Super Bowl?
Kenny Stabler of the Oakland Raiders in 1977
14. Which player holds the most career rushing yards record in Super Bowl Games? How many?
Franco Harris holds the most career rushing yards with 304 in Super Bowl competition.
Tie Breaker: Which Super Steeler did Dave Staab, the Editor of the Progress News, shake hands with in 1975 at the All-Sports Banquet at A-C Valley High School? Answer: Jack Ham