(L) City of Parker Mayor, Bud Amsler,
with Mike Weigle, Parker’s 2021 Citizen of the Year.
Parker: On April 22, 2021 at the Allegheny Grille in Foxburg, the dignitaries of the City of Parker named their “Citizen of the Year.
Parker Mayor DuWayne “Bud” Amsler, presented the Citizen of the Year Award to Mike Weigle at the City’s Annual Dinner.
Mike was pleasantly surprised when he arrived at the event to find many of his family and friends there to greet him.
Some of Mikes accomplishments and volunteer activities include:
He is employed at Stantec Architecture, Inc. for 24 years of service. He received the 2020 award for Technical Excellence.
He has been a part of the Parker Area Authority for the past 10 years and is the current Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Other volunteer activities include:
• Camo Cares: Executive Committee; Secretary; 10 years-present.
• Wired Outdoors: Field Staff; 10 years-present.
• Clarion County Sportsmen for Youth: Board of Directors; 7 years.
• A-C Valley Little League: Board of Directors, coach; 10 years – present.
• A-C Valley High school Varsity Baseball: Assistant Coach; 4 years – present.
• Ball in the Valley: Founder; President; 3 years-present.
• A-C Valley High School Baseball Boosters; 5 years-present.
• A-C Valley High School Varsity Golf: Coach; 3 years-present.
He has coached various teams throughout the years from Parker Baseball, Perry Township Baseball and Karns City Legion Baseball.
He is also a member of the Pine Hollow Rod and Gun Club, North Butler Hunting & Fishing Club and the Rimersburg Rod and Gun Club.