top of page

The Progress News - Year in Review - Part 4 - Final


• Bruin Bowling Lanes was upgraded and have generated a lot of hype in bowling community. Owners, Jonathan and Melissa Pennington, took over 11 years ago, in 2011. They felt that a facelift would provide their customers with a better experience and bring new life to the bowling alley. The renovations included a new BES-X scoring system, furniture and flooring. Check them out on their website www.BruinLanes.com or call them at 724-753-2461 for more information.

• Boy Scout Troop 217 of Chicora, PA; was able to collect over 3,000 items for Karns City School Districts weekend backpack food program for their food drive. The troop is always collecting items for the program during their meetings at the Chicora Moose, Wednesdays from 6 pm to 8 pm. Keep up to date on upcoming Troop events on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/BoyScout217/.

• The Six Points Church of God of Prophecy, 121 McKees Rd., Parker, PA, celebrated 100 years of ministry on October 9, 2022 with a service and a luncheon.

• Allegheny River Trail in Clarion County, Inc. (ARTinCC) reported that the State Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), through the Commonwealth Finance Authority (CFA) awarded funds to ARTinCC to develop a professional Park Master Plan for the multi-acre public park to be built just north of Rt. 58 in Foxburg, extending down to the river’s edge. DCED awarded 85% of their $7,000 grant request, or $22,950; the remaining 15% will be supplied by ARTinCC’s match commitment of $4,050.

• The Memorial Church of Our Father, Foxburg, Pa., an Episcopal mission parish in the Diocese of Northwestern Pa., has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The historic listing took effective March 31, 2022. The historic landmark recognition by the United States Department of the Interior was based on the Memorial Church of Our Father’s architectural integrity as a lasting example of late 19th-century Victorian Gothic ecclesiastical architecture.

• Area residents were invited to a spiritual and historical presentation by Deacon Bruce Beaver, Phd., discussing aspects of the Petroleum Valley and its world-class chemical and refining companies. The presentation was called, “What’s Under St. Clare Parish?” and was held at the Mater Dolorosa Church Hall in Chicora.

• Rod Alworth, was awarded 2022 Outstanding Citizen of Perry TWP Clarion County, at the ending services of Community Days in August. Rod has been an active Perry TWP Volunteer Fireman since the age of 16.

• ACV / Keystone Youth Football Has Undefeated Season. The ACV / Keystone Youth Football team ended

the regular season with an 8 – 0 record and was the ABC League – Eastern Division Champs.

• A-C Valley H.S. Student Earns Academic Honors. Allegheny-Clarion Valley High School student, Grace Barlett, was one of 62,000 students from across the country to earn academic honors from the College Board’s National Recognition Programs! The National Recognition Programs grant students with academic honors that can be included on college and scholarship applications and connect students with universities across the country, which helps them stand out during the admissions process.

• Moniteau Bantams Football Team enjoys a perfect season. They ended their season with an 8-0 record with 4 shut outs,

• A Veterans’ Memorial was unveiled at the Butler VA Medical Center on Tuesday, October 25, 2022. Inspired by Clarence “Pistol Pete” Hasenflu, the memorial was designed and fabricated by Swartfager Welding of Knox, Pa. A dedication ceremony was held at the Butler VA Medical Center off New Castle Road in Butler, Pa.

• The Chicoras/East Brady Rotary Announces its 2022 Scholarship Recipients. They were, Julia Andreassi Celeste Hartle, Brooke Griffith, Brooke Manuel, and Cole Sherwin

• Dunham’s Sports® Announces Grand Opening for Clarion Store on November 18, 2022, located at the Clarion Mall, 22631 Route 68 just off I-80.

• ACV/Keystone Falcons junior youth football team put together one of the best seasons in the programs history

going a perfect 8-0 in the ABC Leagues regular season and winning the Eastern Conference. And ending the season 1-1 in the playoffs.

• Neffy’s Cigar Shop Held a Re-location Opening Open House. Neffy’s Cigar Shop of Emlenton opened it’s new location on December 3rd. It is now located just cross the street from their previous location and is in the new Emlenton Coffee Haus located at 608 Main Street. They still offer the same great service and now with an expanded inventory.

• On Monday afternoon, November 28, 2022, at the Karns City Boro Building, Nancy Brice received state recognition for her many years in the Emergency Medical Services field.

• We hope you enjoyed our review of 2022.

9 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page