top of page

Nature Art Showcase Accepting Entries

Sponsored by the Council on Greenways and Trails

Original art pieces are now being accepted for inclusion in the February 4 – 5, Sixth Annual Nature Art Showcase and Sale which is a free public art exhibition conducted inside the lobby of the Barrow-Civic Theatre in downtown Franklin, PA during the “Franklin On Ice” Festival. “It’s so refreshing on a winter day to enter the comfortable display areas and view widely varied colorful art celebrating four seasons of outdoor recreational experiences and natural settings throughout northwestern Pennsylvania,” said Mrs. Marilyn Black who has volunteered at this event each year since its introduction in 2016 by the Council on Greenways and Trails. “Some guests also opt to purchase items to continue to enjoy them at home,” she stated.

Typically available are 2-D and 3-D items including paintings, sculpture, metal fabrications, fabric arts, jewelry, wearable art, photography, pottery, drawings, wood carving, watercolor, and more. The showcase is open Friday, February 4 with a free public reception featuring the artists 5 – 7 p.m., and continues on Saturday, February 5 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.

There are no limits as to the residence location of the participating artists. All are welcome to register for free, utilizing the instruction and registration form found at In addition, artist registration kits may be obtained in person at Victorian City Art & Frame on Liberty Street in Franklin, at French Creek Framing and Fine Arts on Market Street in Meadville, and at the office of Penn Soil Resource Conservation and Development Council on Conewango Avenue in Warren, PA.

In order for the items to be portrayed in the printed exhibition booklet, completed registrations need to be received by January 12, 2022. Each artist may enter one or two items with an option of selling or displaying the artwork. If artwork is for sale, the artist sets the retail selling price as they wish, and will receive 85% of the selling price if sold, with the remaining 15% commission retained to help offset the exhibit expenses.

For more information, please dial Sherry Moore or Wes Ramsey at the Penn Soil RC&D Council, (814) 726-1141. Sponsorship opportunities for this annual event are currently available and include the following: Barrow-Civic Theatre; Council on Greenways and Trails; Franklin On Ice; French Creek Framing and Fine Art; Penn Soil RC &D Council; Titusville Council on the Arts; and Titusville Renaissance, Inc.

Visit the www.nwpa website for more details

5 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page